Campion Hall is a constituent member of the University of Oxford sponsored by the Society of Jesus, a male religious order of the Catholic Church. It consists largely of a Jesuit community – tutors, writers, researchers and post-graduates. From time to time, it will consider applications from those whose academic research and study is in keeping with the purpose of the Hall.
- Applicants must first have been accepted by a Department or Faculty of the University of Oxford before any college or permanent private hall may consider them.
- Applications are considered for any of the postgraduate courses available in the university. Please consult the following list to see the subjects to which the Hall admits.
- Applications are usually considered by the Master in consultation with the Tutor for Graduates.
- Preference will normally be given to applicants whose area of study overlaps with the academic interest of the Hall’s academic staff.
- The Hall aims to admit a certain number of graduate students each year spread across the range of subjects in which it accepts graduate students, and this will determine the number of offers which can be made to applicants. Where there are more applicants than offers which can be made, the relative academic merit and potential of the applicants may be taken into account. Decisions are based solely on the merits of each candidate. It may not be possible to make offers to applicants whose applications are received late in the admissions round, when places are full.
- The possession of competitively-won funding may be taken into account as an indicator of the applicant’s academic merit and potential.
- All applicants must be graduates.
- The final decision on whether to offer a place in the light of the overall competition for graduate places and the spread of those places across subject areas is usually taken by the Master in consultation with the Tutor for Graduates. Feedback will not be given on unsuccessful applications.
- Please note that any offer of a place will be subject to satisfactory completion of the financial declaration form that will be sent to the applicant as part of the offer of a place. Please consult this guidance for more details.
- Preference may be given to current or past students of the Hall who meet the selection criteria described above. http://www.ox.ac.uk/gafhandbook/college-processes/selection-criteria
Last reviewed: November 2018